newie

Thread: newie

Angie5 is offline Junior Member

Default newie

Hi everyone I just moved to Jersey City, from Puerto Rico and I'm a home-schooler to a first grader.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Angie. Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of really great homeschool groups in our area. I hope you will join a few. Particularly the Hoboken/Jersey City Group. I hope you will take some time and look around the forum. Ask any questions you might have. Please add any input you have to any of the discussions. We'd love to hear from you.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

monkeyschool Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Angie5 View Post
    Hi everyone I just moved to Jersey City, from Puerto Rico and I'm a home-schooler to a first grader.

Hi Angie -

I am on an emailing list called GECHO_NJ ( [email protected] ) - They just recently had a round of re-introductions and a couple of people mentioned they are in Jersey City. I think you can either send a "Subscribe" email to the address or subscribe online at the Yahoo Groups (gecho_nj : Greater Essex County Homeschoolers--NJ)

D.

Blog Entries

You're right D. We did just do reintroductions. There are so many new people and so many things to do that Stella wanted everyone to reintroduce themselves. It's a great time to join that group. You can go back and read all the intros.

We're going to soccer tomorrow in Edison. Anyone else going? You can get the info here.

Another great group is NJ Homeschool Hangout. It is a meetup group.

monkeyschool is offline Junior Member Newbie

Edison is a bit far for us for the soccer activity unfortunately. We don't seem to have much in terms of sports up by me either so we tend to miss out of those activities. My DD is 8th-9th so her workload is a bit too much for us to travel distances right now. Hope to meet up with you soon.
    D.

Blog Entries

Edison is a bit far. Especially early in the morning. There are a few families from Jersey City that attend though. Maybe the Tuesday gathering at Liberty Science center would be easier for you.

Great! Thanks! Monkeyschool for this information.

Sounds really good for me. Please keep me inform and thank you so much.

Blog Entries

I just wanted to let you know that homeschool soccer starts next week for Indoor Winter Soccer. You can get the information from the link a couple of posts back. The location is different but if you contact Donna she will get you the info.