Schools in NJ

Thread: Schools in NJ

Unregistered Guest

Default Schools in NJ

We are moving to NJ next year. I wanted some info on good school districts. My 10 & 5 year old girls are in a gifted and talented school currently. I'm looking for a comparable public/ magnet school with a strong focus on academics as well as extracurricular activities (probably too much to ask). Any information thrown my way will be welcome.

Jo

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid I don't know much about the schools in New Jersey. My son has never been to school. Perhaps some of the other parents on here can help you out. I know that Montclair University in Montclair has a talented and gifted program for homeschoolers. Several people that we know have their children enrolled in that. What part of the state are you thinking about moving to.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

STekhna is offline Junior Member Newbie

Each school within each District is different. Prior to moving, go the the State of NJ's Dept of education website. Each school in every district is given a report card. You can also meet with the principal. Speak with parents in the community about their experiences. I hope that helps.
    Good luck,
    Shia

Blog Entries

Thanks Shia. That's good to know.

Lillymagento321 is offline Junior Member Newbie

There are number of good schools in NJ, you can get nice guidance from here for sure.

Blog Entries

My son has never been to school so I really don't know much about schools in New Jersey. I like the suggestion to go to the Board of Ed's website.