Snow Days

Thread: Snow Days

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Snow Days

With all the bad weather we've had recently and more on the way, I was wondering what your favorite "snow days" activities are. Do you still do Time4 Learning on a snow day or do you take the day off like the building school kids do? How do you help the kids burn off all that extra energy that they have from not being able to go out and play so much?

I was at an indoor play space with a group of moms yesterday. One of the boys, 7 years old, had told his grandfather, "I just have to run. I can't stand this." SO he was able to run to his heart's content yesterday. What is your solution to these bitter cold and snowy winter days?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Kess is offline Member

Yes, we have been getting a lot of snow here in the Northeast! We still do T4L on snow days (cause I’m a mean mommy, LOL!). Actually, we occasionally take a day off here and there when the public school kids are in school, so she knows she doesn’t get any “snow days” off.

She is 12 so she entertains herself with video games and such when we are stuck inside due to snow. We also do some arts and crafts and stuff like that on snow days after she is done with T4L.

Kess

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Yesterday all day I heard, "Can't I ever get a break." We had spent the entire day the day before at an indoor play space. But I guess that wasn't enough of a break for him. We do usually take the day off when it is a "snow day" for the public schools. But that's because Daddy is home. He just will not concentrate on school when Daddy is at home.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota