From Studying Online to Homeschooling
    EEC Guest

Default From Studying Online to Homeschooling

Hi,

I am planning to switch my son's studies from online to homeschool.

My son was studying online with an academy for 2013-14 and somehow his records were deleted from the academy's system. After finishing his classes in June, my son cleared/deleted all his assignments and records from his laptop (a BIG mistake) and now the school doesn't even allow him to take a test to prove that he studied and learned all his courses. Yes, we made all the necessary payments.

He just need the test/exam to show that he is telling the truth and that the school system corrupted/lost his data. We are asking no freebies! Is there a school/academy that provides this opportunities to online/homeschooled students?

We just want to move on so he can continue with his 10th grade as soon as possible. He was studying online but we are seriously thinking on the full homeschooling option, since we didn't need the school's staff help during the year and when we needed it, it was refused to us.

EEC
    (Sussex Co., NJ)

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, EEC.

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having with the online academy. Time4Learning does provide a Progress Report, which is helpful for homeschooling parents (as the teacher of record) to determine the grades to assign to specific subjects/courses.

If you're considering homeschooling high school, this website will be very helpful in finding answers to your questions:
    LetsHomeschoolHighschool.com
    You will also find a Beginner's Guide to Homeschooling High School at that link. And there is a parent forum and a student forum where you can connect with other homeschoolers.

Time4Learning high school offers an online curriculum made up of courses that correlate to state standards. Time4Learning is not a school, but rather a curriculum. The majority of users are homeschoolers. Some use it as their primary curriculum, while others use it to supplement or as part of an eclectic approach. With homeschooling, the parent is the school and teacher of record, taking full responsibility for structuring and supervising the student's highschool program. This includes signing the diploma. This is different than a distant learning option in which the student enrolls in an accredited school program which they work with through the internet. You can find more information on homeschooling and other options at the website I added above. I hope this helps.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

EEC Guest

Dear Janet,

Thanks for the very useful info.

Ernesto