What are your Back To School Plans?
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default What are your Back To School Plans?

Well, school starts here today in my town. All the little ones are gathering at the bus stop or walking across the park to school. All except my son that is. He is busy playing video games. He is totally oblivious to the fact that the neighbors are all going to school today. He has a play date set for this afternoon. But other wise we are not planning anything special today. Our main homeschool group is having a "Not Back To School" picnic in a couple of weeks. There we will go meet with about 80 of our closest friends and celebrate the freedom we have to learn as we choose. We will have the "Dinosaur Guy" come in to show the kids fossils and many small live animals. It's going to be a fun day for all.

So what are you doing to celebrate this "Not Back To School" time with your child. Any special activities that you do every year. DO you go out and buy new notebooks or new clothes? How do you celebrate in your family?

Happy Not Back To School,
    Kathi
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

StacyC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: What are your Back To School Plans?

Hi, just thought I'd reply quickly as I just looked under NJ. This is our first year homeschooling and I just signed up for TFL the other day to get my daughter (12) started on something until I can decide on a curriculum. It was VERY weird to start the school year with her not getting on the bus. I do have a younger daughter (6) who we kept in their private school (we are trying this one at a time ;-)
    Anyway just wanted to say HI!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What are your Back To School Plans?

Welcome to the forum Stacy. Please check out the links on the state page. There are many supportive homeschool groups in the area. New Jersey is one of the easiest states to homeschool in. Get involved in one of the area groups. I know that the GECHO group is having their Not Back To School Picnic next Friday at Brookdale Park in Montclair. I think around 1:00. The NJ Homeschool Hangout Meetup is having a Park Play Date on Monday at the Montville Community Park at 1:00. I'll be there for that one. There is also the Museum day at Montclair Art Museum on Thursday at noon. There is a homeschool soccer league that is starting back up on the 23rd. It meets in Edison.

Let me know where you live and I will try to point out a few more activities in your area.

Welcome aboard,
    Kathi
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota