Wow, Have You Checked Out Facebook Lately?
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Wow, Have You Checked Out Facebook Lately?

‎#Hashtags are in full swing on FB. Have you tried using them yet? They are a great way to find ‎#homeschool info. Here is a page with top hashtags and what they are refer to.https://www.facebook.com/HomeschoolH...08195102528120
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Cool Starting to homeschool my 4th grader this year in NJ..is time4learning a good start?

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    ‎#Hashtags are in full swing on FB. Have you tried using them yet? They are a great way to find ‎#homeschool info. Here is a page with top hashtags and what they are refer to.https://www.facebook.com/HomeschoolH...08195102528120

HI i found you on the NJ forum and just wanted to ask if this site is working for you and your family? I have never home schooled before but I have been doing a lot of research and it seems like a good fit for my husband and I and our very energetic 9 year old! I am reading all sorts of books but I would like some feedback from other parents on how this site is working for them..it seems to keep my sons attention which is great , we will be doing a lot of hands on project learning also..any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I dont really have a support network in NJ yet so just looking on here for ideas and maybe other parents to talk to

**Jackee on LBI

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Jackee. I love LBI. When I first visited NJ that's where I stayed. We have used t4l for six years now. My son is also very active. I like the way the lessons are short. I let him do to or three lessons and then do something physical like check the mail, run around the house, or get a snack. Then he is ready to sit for another two or three lessons. We also supplement with lots of hands on learning. There are so many great historical sites in NJ that we can always find some place to go. The best group that I know of is NJ Homeschool Hangout. It is a meetup group so they do have a small yearly fee to pay meetup expenses. They are mostly in Northern NJ but they do have activities throughout the state. We also like the GECKO group. It is a yahoo group based in Essex County. If you look at one of the first links in this forum there are lists of other groups throughout the state. The contact info for both of these groups is listed there. In my opinion the two most important things to successful homeschool are a good homeschool support group and a good relationship with your local children's librarian. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota