Accidental Homeschooling and Loving it!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MomWags
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Accidental Homeschooling and Loving it!

MomWags is offline Junior Member

Default Accidental Homeschooling and Loving it!

Hello everyone!

As the title says I am a mom of a just turned 9yr old boy who is an accidental homeschool. I did a LOT of research about homeschooling prior to deciding on Time4Learning. My husband and I decided this would likely be the best program for my son and us. We are currently in his free 7 day trial and doing testing to see where he is in his learning level. I think my son has done more school work in the last 3 days than the last 3 months at his old school.

He loves this new method of learning and he is feeling more confident about himself with it as well. We set up a 30 minute work time and a 30 minute playground time to start with. We have found him working one hour and 30 minutes with no break because he WANTS to!

At his old school, my son was in a special needs classroom with 5 other boys with similar needs to his own. All we have been finding the last two years is he was being bullied, the classroom was like fire feeding fire, and he was falling back in his learning, not progressing forward.

I look forward to chatting with everyone, asking questions, or answering questions. Thank you for bringing out a program such as this for us!
    mamaglick likes this.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Accidental Homeschooling and Loving it!

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing your story with us! I'm glad things are looking up. My kids, too, couldn't get enough of Time4Learning when they first started. I ended up limiting the amount they were allowed to do at once, because I didn't want them to burn out. Can you imagine having to tell your kids to STOP doing school work!

We hope you'll stick around and share more about how things are going for your family and your accidental homeschooler!
    mamaglick likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!