Advice for time setting for subjects
    Grandma Ellyn is offline Junior Member

Default Advice for time setting for subjects

Hi! I'm Grandma Ellyn, from Harrisonville, A new member. Does anyone have any advice about the time setting for the subjects or me. I don't want to over whelm my grandson in the beginning. I would appreciate ay help I can get.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, Grandma Ellyn! Welcome!

You know...every homeschooling family is so different, and there really is no right or wrong way to set a schedule in my opinion. I guess the first thing you could do, would be to decide when you want your grandson to finish his current grade level. Once you decide that, you can use the activity scheduler to see the start date, and end date, and see how your grandsons responds to that number of lessons/activities.

You can also skip the schedule and just see how he does. Let him start at the beginning of the grade level he's in and go from there. Let him work as long as he feels comfortable. If he starts a lesson that he feel he already knows, you could let him skip the instruction and just take the quiz. If he passes, just move forward.

Hopefully some other members will chime in with what they do. In the meantime, check out the Members Chat on Using Time4Learning forum. That could be the best place to see how others use the program.

Good luck. Feel free to pop into any of the boards here, and ask any questions you may have!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!