Alabama mamma
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brandie2576

Thread: Alabama mamma

Teresa Watkins is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Alabama mamma

Hello from Alabama! I have been using time4learning for awhile now but have not used its resources! Therefore I am new to this!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Teresa. Welcome to the forums. Even though you've been using t4l for a while you might be interested in the Getting Started Guide.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Teresa, I'm also a T4L user from Alabama...nice to meet you! Welcome to the forums.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

brandie2576 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Ladies, My name is Brandie and as of this school year my daughter will be homeschooled. She is a 9th grader and looking forward to this opportunity. I also have a son that is a senior in a public school. All suggestions for a newbie in Alabama are appreciated.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Brandie! Glad you found us! Definitely feel free to poke around the boards here...always conversations to jump in on (or start!), and people to meet. The High School forum and the Alabama homeschool forum are a couple good places to start.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Hello! I am also new to homeschooling and from Alabama. My daughter who is entering 4th grade has been asking to be homeschooled for a couple years and we decided to take the plunge this year. She has older siblings in public school in 6th and 7th grade and a toddler younger sister. Any advice or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Kitkats!
    Welcome to homeschooling and to Time4Learning. That's wonderful that your daughter is the one who is motivated to be homeschooled, and 4th grade is a good time to start. Check out the Getting Started Guide that Kathi/Fairylover shared on another comment above. That will help you navigate the Time4Learning site for things like changing grade levels, using the progress reports, etc.
    My other suggestion would be to find a local homeschool support group. These are great for getting connected with other homeschoolers for social and academic events. Our support group has so many activities like spelling bees, yearbook club (yes, we have a yearbook), co-op classes (art & music), field trips and more. You could probably find one by simply using Google to search for your county/city homeschool support group.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey!! Who knows, you may find your other kids will want to be homeschooled too.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass