back.... again.....
    kiwimum is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default back.... again.....

I joined last year when I had to pull my DD from public school - she has severe food allergies and it was a fight to keep her safe... so both her and my DS, then 3.5 started "homeschooling".... things were going extremely well and then DD got into a great private school. DS and I lost momentum and he lost interest without DD to work along side.

This year I enrolled him in a preschool because next year we intend for him to go to the same school as DD and he is quite a quiet child and I wanted him to play with others without me around. Thats all I love about preschool... it becomes an expensive playdate - what we really need out of preschool is a teacher recommendation for kindergarten and the admissions person will assess him also.

When the teacher sent out this weeks lesson plan which included introducing the letter "i" I wondered if he would sit through it ok... so yesterday he came home with the preprimer Dolch word list which I knew he knew and just to humour myself I printed out the third grade list which he knows also.

I know preschool will not satisfy the "academic" side and always knew I would have to work with him on building on the skills he already has...

LOL short story of why we are back....

Anita

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Well, welcome back Anita. Glad to have you again!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie