Brand New Start

Thread: Brand New Start

JillianF. is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Brand New Start

Hi, Everyone! After going back and forth all year about whether or not to homeschool and having repeated issues with my son's school and learning environment, we made the decision to finish out the year by homeschooling. We have been researching different resources and curriculum for quite some time and decided that T4L was the right fit for us. We are pretty excited to get started on this new adventure (and a little nervous, too!) I'm really hoping we can make this work and that our DS starts to look forward to learning again. He has not felt challenged or enthused in a very long time.

Looking forward to talking with all of you and sharing your experiences

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! So glad you found us!

While my boys (ages 8 and 13) don't get excited about everything we learn at home, lol, they do have a stronger desire to learn than what I see in some other public school children. It's something that the hubs and I love and encourage every time we can!

Here is a Welcome to Homeschooling guide that you might find helpful. There's also this Hints and Help page which is a wonderful tool for learning more about the T4L program, how to navigate the site, using the lesson plans, etc.

I would like to invite you to join the West Virginia homeschool forum we have here. It can be a good way to keep up with homeschool news and activities around your state, and you may even meet other homeschoolers near you.

Good luck. Poke around the boards, see what conversations you can jump into. Always feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi,Jillian. I just wanted to say hey, and welcome to homeschooling and T4L!!
    I hope to see you around the forums again. Please ask questions anytime. We're all here to help each other.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey...you'll have tough days, but in the long run, it's so worth it!!!

Janet
    Enjoying homeschooling our 3 kids, using T4L and T4W