considering home schooling and feel lost
    anita b is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default considering home schooling and feel lost

Hi I am relocating to NYC from Florida, my son is entering 7th grade, the move was a sudden decision. I felt keeping him home to home school him would be easier on him considering he has a diagnosis of mild Asperger, then to put him in a school system I have not had much time to research. I am worried though that this will harm him going forward for possible returning to school in the future. I have no clue how NYC DOE handles this, or which curriculum would be best. Are they mandated to take a language as well ? will I be able to do this on my own?? How do I know or the DOE knows at the end of the year as to being promoted? I did homeschool here half of his kindergarten and it was a great experience for us both, that being said I am not a scholar n ear 7th grade will be tough for me and I am afraid I will be harming him academically with this decision, any advice would be greatly appreciate.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: considering home schooling and feel lost

Welcome to the forum!

Since this is the parent support forum for the Time4Learning homeschool curriculum, that's the one I'll suggest. We have many members from New York. Here is a page several New York members contributed to: Homeschooling in New York.

There is also a New York Families section of this forum. Just look a little lower on the forum and click on Families from Each State.

Lastly, you might be interested in the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

Good luck as you consider the best option for your child!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!