Dad new to homeschool
    Paul D is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Dad new to homeschool

In Charleston,SC. 7yr. old boy 1st grade. Any info or advise greatly appreciated.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I would suggest you check out the Getting Started Guide. Also check with the South Carolina Parent Forum. They are more familiar with the laws and how things work in your state. And they will have links to local support groups.

To me, the most important thing when I was first starting out was to find a good local support group. I went through a couple that just did not fit my family and then I found the perfect group. So you may have to check around a bit to find one that works for you. The other most important thing is to connect with your children's librarian. They will know who the homeschoolers in your area are and how to connect. They will also be a great help in locating resources that you might want to use.

Best wishes as you start this wonderful journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

rickvon2010 is offline Member

I am new to this and have a 5 year old kindergarten girl. We live in NC. So far, I have found a couple of local homeschooling groups and activities to keep us social and active. My goal is to stay involved and not become couch potatoes! I started T4L in July and my daughter has already finished science and is more that halfway through language and math. Since her pace is so fast I added a box curriculum that we will start in August, because T4L is not a full years worth of curriculum for her. This is what works for us and as you start school you will be able to evaluate what your child needs! That is what is so great about homeschooling, each child is different and we get to meet their educational needs!
    Rick Von Linsowe, MS
    Air Force Family
    Homeschooling Dad of one 1st grade Princess