Day one starts tomorrow. (MI)
    campfamily is offline Junior Member Newbie

Wink Day one starts tomorrow. (MI)

I had not planned on starting mid year like this but I think it is the best thing for my 3rd grade son. He has had a hard time at public schools for a while now and we were going to start next year. I would dread going to conferences because the teachers would always say they didn't know what to do. I knew the only way he was going to get a good education was without the distraction of 25 other kids. He was constantly trying to get attention. Now he will have all of mine. (Well, most of it. He loves being on the computer and now he has his "own" to do his schoolwork so he is very excited about the program (T4L). I am so glad it is already figured out for me! I am planning on starting him off somewhere in the middle and letting his abilities guide us. I feel so much better about his schooling now, I just wish I had started sooner.

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

So how did DAY ONE go?? I love hearing about that first day!!

I totally get where you all are coming from I pulled my oldest out after the 5th grade and youngest out right after kindergarten. AND i wish I had never sent them in the first place! T4L was the best thing that I found from that first year! My boys were in the other room laughing while they were learning and I knew this was the program for us! I totally let the rest of their learning be interest based.... that makes for a more enjoyable time for us all!

You may want to check out the MI parent forum, for some great info from other homeschoolers in MI!!

Happy Homeschooling!
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

campfamily is offline Junior Member Newbie

Well, I was so eager to start that I failed to pay attention to the public school's schedule. I still have two in PS till the end of the year. There were conferences and lots of half days so we will be starting on Monday. We will be following the PS calendar till the end of the school year so he is on the same schedule. Then, in the summer all the kids will start and we will be able to be more flexible. I will be back to let you know how our real first day goes!