First Day of First Grade Homeschooling
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Z's Mom
  • 1 Post By peka
  • 1 Post By Z's Mom

Thread: First Day of First Grade Homeschooling

Default First Day of First Grade Homeschooling

We've been using Time4Learning for a few months, now, but this is our first "big day" of homeschooling. We consider ourselves very lucky to have this option, and we are happy to take part.

Hope to make connections here, and look forward to learning pointers and such from others.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by to let us know how things are going with you! I hope your "big day" goes super smoothly, and you guys have fun! Make sure you poke around other threads on the boards here...you can always find questions being answered and conversations to jump into. I think I saw where you stopped by your state homeschool forum, but just in case I'm mistaken, please make sure to introduce yourself there. It can be a great place to try and connect with other members who are local to you!

Thanks again, and looking forward to hearing more from you!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Z's Mom is offline Junior Member

Hey there, Im new to home schooling and new to time4 learning as well!. Today is our First day. My son is in the first grade as well!. I hope everything goes smoothly for us!!!! We are both very excited!!! Good luck to you!!
    bailbrae likes this.

peka is offline Junior Member Newbie

hello! what a coincidence, today was our first day in homeschooling too! my daughter is in 1st grade also and even though I have read many times all of the hints and watch the videos for help in getting started I hope we can help each other in case we have problems. anyways i´ll see u around and good luck!
    bailbrae likes this.

Tooterhead81 is offline Junior Member Newbie

This is our first day of first grade as well. Very excited, but not sure how many spelling words to assign each week or how to choose. Any ideas or thoughts?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tooterhead81 View Post
    This is our first day of first grade as well. Very excited, but not sure how many spelling words to assign each week or how to choose. Any ideas or thoughts?
    Hi there! You could take the spelling words by grade level that T4L has, and plug them into a word list at SpellingCity.com. That's what I did. I also use the other spelling lists that have been shared on that site. You can create a free account...there are games your kiddo can play to help with reinforcement and practice.

I would take the number words on the spelling list and divide that by the number of weeks you will have in your school year. That's how many you could assign each week.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Z's Mom is offline Junior Member

Hey Bailbrae!

Thanks so much i was wondering the same thing. I will look into that now!!!
    bailbrae likes this.