Getting Started Today!! Where to begin??
    frazeur is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Getting Started Today!! Where to begin??

Hi,

My husband and I pulled our kids out of school a week ago and are trying to get started with the T4L program today. Since they only really had a couple more months left of school, I'm at a loss of where to start on this program. Is there some kind of aptitude test that may give me a starting point for them? Any help would be much appreciated! Excited to start this program, but just feeling a little overwhelmed and unorganized right now. Thanks in advance!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

What a lot of people do when they start midyear is to just go to the chapter tests. If your child does well on the test, then go on to the next chapter. If they don't do as well as you would like let them go back and do the work for the chapter. We do this sometimes even now. If my son says that the work is too easy I let him take the test. If he does well on it we skip the work for the chapter.

There is a wonderful Getting Started Guide that you might want to look at. Also, the North Carolina Parents Forum would be good for you. Many people find that it helps to ust take a break from school work for a while. Let the kids get used to a different routine. Go on some fun field trips. Work on some topics that the kids are really interested in. Definitely connect with other homeschoolers in your area and go to park days or other play dates so your kids (and you) can meet new friends.

Have a wonderful journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota