Grandma...Parenting Again. New to Homeschooling and T4L

Red face Grandma...Parenting Again. New to Homeschooling and T4L

Good Morning everyone;Our grandson recently came to live with us due to a family crisis with his parents. It's likely that he will be with us for the rest of the school year, so we have decided to home school him. We looked at a lot of home school curricula and chose Time4learning based on the many positive reviews we read about it. Also, our grandson loves the computer so we knew a web based curriculum we be the best fit for him. The affordability of the program was a big plus too. Anyway, as soon as we retired, we find ourselves parenting again. We do not mind though. We consider it a blessing that we're available to be able to care for our grandson at this time. Our children all went to public schools, so we are new to home schooling. We hope to pick up some good advice, tips, support and information on this forum and others. Have a great day everyone and wish us well on our new life adventure.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums. It's so nice to meet you. I am a much older mom so I know what it is like to be parenting again. My children range from 43 to 11. The best thing I can recommend is to find a good local support group. To me that is a vital part of homeschooling. To be able to sit down face to face with others who have been there already. Have you checked out the parent forum for your state? You might find some help there. Also there is a great getting started guide. Come back and ask any questions you might have. We're all here to support each other.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota