Greene County, IL Family starting to homeschool!
    katlero is offline Junior Member

Red face Greene County, IL Family starting to homeschool!

Hello T4L family!

My name is Katie. We are a small family with a single kiddo, an 8 year old 2nd grader, who we will be starting to homeschool after this school year. We are choosing to have her finish out the year to give both us as parents and her as a student to really think about the choice and prepare (even though Dad and I are completely on board with homeschooling).

Our choice to homeschool is a culmination of many factors. From bullying and death threats from a fellow classmate (said he was gonna shoot her in the face!), the administrations choice to have him say sorry and thatís about it, to the lack of educational opportunities (its March and the class has yet to do a science lesson!), as well as possible long term health risks (K-8 school building in rural IL that requires a signed waiver acknowledging asbestos is in the building), we feel we have more than enough reasons to transition to homeschooling on top of the great benefits that homeschooling all around allows.

I work from home full full time as a data analyst and will be supplementing and assisting her education while using T4L and other resources as her main education. We also plan on continuing Girl Scouts (Iím her troop leader), Dance classes, soccer associations, piano lessons, and many other clubs and programs to continue her growth.

Iím extremely nervous and scared about jumping into this next chapter of our lives, but also super excited to see the growth and fulfillment of my child.

Thank you!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Greene County, IL Family starting to homeschool!

Hi, Katie! Welcome to the Time4Learning parent forum.

We hope you'll post more about your experiences as you go along. We'd like to get to know you!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!