Greetings

Thread: Greetings

warp10 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Greetings

I am the father of a high-school student that is just starting to use time4learning. My wife takes care of most of the home-school activities during the day, while I try my best to play catch up with what my 15 year old son has been up to on time4learning after I get home from a day's work.
    My son is the 2nd boy of 4 boys and a girl, ages 17, 15, 10, almost 9, and 5 (the girl is the youngest). He is very happy with time4learning so far (we just got through week 1), while I feel like I'm forever playing catchup. We live in the Houston area and have been homeschooling for 10 years (or at least my wife has - I try to offer support as well as I can, understanding that she really needs a clone or a time machine to keep with all the demands on her time).
    I cant compete with how much time my wife has during the day to attend to homeschool activities and keeping the kids on task, but my son does a pretty good job of self-directing. It is my intent to get a better understanding of upcoming assignments as well as current assignments, particularly with an eye towards understanding how the assignments address skill development and his educational needs.
    My time with him (or poking at what he's doing on time4learning) is usually limited to evenings and Sundays. As such, I really appreciate any pointers on how to guide him.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums. You may want to look at the Getting Started Guide and the page for your state. Also the forum for high schoolers might be helpful.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello. Welcome to Time4Learning. So glad to hear your son is happy with T4L.

Just to add to Kathi's great suggestions, you can also access the Lesson Scope and Sequence for your son's grade level. There is also an assessment guide for the odyssey writer which helps you grade the assignments and will also give you, the parent, an idea of what exactly was covered in the assignment. You can find all of this in the lesson plan in the parent admin page.

If you need help in finding any of this information or have any detailed questions you need an answer to on the spot, the Time4Learning staff is very helpful. Just contact them at 888-771-0914 until 6pm EST
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

warp10 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hey, it's Sunday again, and I have a lot to catch up on. I can find answer guides to activity quizzes, lesson quizzes and chapter quizzes, but I can't seem to find anything for Authentic Tasks. In particular, there is one for math (Authentic Tasks: Real Numbers: A11611). Is there a place where I can find answer keys to these authentic tasks?