Greetings

Thread: Greetings

Jannette is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Greetings

Hello,
    I recentle enrolled my grand child in time 4 learning. She was having issues at the school and after considerable debate with said school system , we decided to home school her. Now they are requesting an acceptance letter and even though I can locate the area to print it out , it"s just blank. any one can help me with this..
    Thanks
    Grandma,
    Jannette

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Jannette,

I am in the state of Florida. We can print out the form from our state public school website, fill in the blanks and mail it in. Not sure what you do in North Carolina. But you can go to the North Carolina forum and ask over there. There is not a form to fill out to send to your state on the time4learning.com website. This is a curriculum.

I hope that helps a little.
    Good Luck.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Brandy I think she is talking about the enrollment letter. The only thing I can think of is to print the letter and then add your child's name to it. It won't let me view the letter without printing it and my printer is down right now. But I would try that. I would also check out the state laws for your state. It is not unusual for a school to ask for more information than is required by law. If this is the case just include a copy of the law and quote from it to let them know you are doing what the law requires.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I went back and read the law. In my interpretation you need to fill out the Notice of Intent. I see nothing that says you have to have a letter of acceptance. Please remember this is only my interpretation and should not be considered legal advice. If it were me and they were insisting on a letter of acceptance, I would draw up a fancy letterhead and write a nice letter something like:

We are pleased to announce that (child's name) has been accepted into Granny Janette's Elementary School.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Lightbulb Hi Jannette, I am new here also...

Quote Originally Posted by Jannette View Post
    Hello,
    I recentle enrolled my grand child in time 4 learning. She was having issues at the school and after considerable debate with said school system , we decided to home school her. Now they are requesting an acceptance letter and even though I can locate the area to print it out , it"s just blank. any one can help me with this..
    Thanks
    Grandma,
    Jannette
    Hi Jannette, I am new to time4learning also. I am in Florida and we had basically had it with our school system so we pulled our 9 year old daughter out of school and have enrolled her at time4learning. When I first took her out of school her school gave me all kinds of information saying I needed a letter sent from where she was being homeschooled. I called the school board directly and was told where to go on our school systems website and print out a letter of intent. If this is something you need to do as well I recommend sending it certified so you can prove they received it.
    I am looking forward to my daughter starting out here, I have cousins in Los Angeles that use this site also for their son and speak very highly of it.