Greetings Accidental Homeschooler in MI
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Greetings Accidental Homeschooler in MI

Default Greetings Accidental Homeschooler in MI

Baptism By Fire..?..! (((Yikes)))
    We are as new as one can be to homeschooling and praying that I donít mess the child up as we push forward. The program looks solid. We are starting this Monday but we have 11 weeks of review (?) not sure how to handle all the assignments since week 1 but I'm sure it will eventually work itself out.

Time4writing 8 week courses
    I would like to hear from anyone who is enrolled in the Time4writing 8 week courses. I would like to add this after we get the swing of things.

Anyone live near Royal OakMI with 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th graders?
    Looking for a possible support system, library study-date or is anyone up for a virtual (skype based) kids book club or story hour or Virtual book reports presentations? Is anyone involved in a group like this?

Thank you so much, we look forward to hearing from you.
    Julia and Max

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Julia and Max. Welcome to homeschooling and to the Parent Forums. It's so nice to meet you. I'm glad you like the t4l program. My son and I have used it for over 6 years now. You might want to just move through the chapter tests to see if your children understand the material. If they already have a good grasp of a chapter there is no need to go through all the lessons. If they don't seem to understand it as well as you would like, you can then go back through the lessons and retake the test. Many people do this to catch up.

As far as finding people in your local area, you might want to check out your state forum. That's the best place to ask questions about your state laws and to find local support groups. A quick google search should come up with my support group links for you. I love the idea of a skype based book club.

Look around the forums. Ask questions. Make your self at home here. We are all in this together.
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota