Greetings from Ohio!
    karchie is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Greetings from Ohio!

Hello all,

We moved from AZ to OH a few weeks ago and we are new to homeschooling as well. My kids have been in Montessori since preschool and we were unable to find a public Montessori school in the area. My son needs special attention so we decided to try homeschooling for the rest of the semester. Getting into this type of schooling and finding activities, co-ops, etc has been challenging but fun. I have been looking at T4L for a couple of weeks and decided to try it out...I think my kids will enjoy it. Today is our first day!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to time4learning and to the wonderful world of homeschooling. We have used this program for five years now and we love it. I hope you will as well. You will want to go over to the Ohio Parent Forum and check things out there. That is a great place to meet others in your area and to find out about things like coops and fun activities close by you. Good luck on this wonderful journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

cybermom is offline Junior Member

Hi,

We just moved from OH to NC. Have you heard of Ohio Virtual Academy (OHVA), it is a public school that you do at home. They even provide all of your school books, computer, printer and everything they will need for the entire school year, absolutely FREE, deliverey right to your front door, as long as you live in the state of OH. They even have specialized IEP's for kids who need special attention, they will assign you to a teacher who will work directly with your child and tailor their academic to their needs...all done from the comfort of your home and your computer, and you actually get to have conference calls with their teachers to discuss their progress. It's awesome and I miss it terribly. You can find it under K12.com and just select the state you are in to register, if this is something that you want to start the next school year or in the future.