Happy to be here- Hello from Georgia
    Thomgie Hortman is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Happy to be here- Hello from Georgia

Hi everyone-

I think I'm in the minority here . My wife had a great career opportunity open up to her just before summer began but it involved a frequent amount of travel and fluctuating schedule, add in that my oldest son (9yrs) had been having some fitting in issues as well, over the last two school years, (although his grades were doing fine) I decided to take a step to the side lines so to speak and kill two birds with one stone. So she has taken that career move and I will be homeschooling my 9yr old and my 5yr old son this year. So- Hi from the deep south!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Thomgie Hortman from Georgia. Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling. I know you're not the only dad here. I've seen a few others. I'm sure they'll be glad to know there's another dad joining in the homeschooling adventure. As a matter of fact, this thread for homeschooling dads was started quite a few years back in the Working Parents forum, but I'm sure you can add to it. You can also start one of your own in one of the Time4Learning forums.

I think it's great that you'll be homeschooling your sons! What a great opportunity for special bonding with your boys, too. Have you considered joining a local homeschool support group? You could probably do a Google search to find one. Since you're new to homeschooling, this free Welcome to Homeschooling guide may be helpful. And lastly, here is a link on helps and hints for parents in navigating the Time4Learning site.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey!!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass