Hello!

Thread: Hello!

Gigimom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello!

Hello! I'm brand spanking new here, but I'm really excited and optimistic. I am not a homeschooling mom. Per se.
    I have a 7 year old with an insatiable appetite for learning. She is your perverbial sponge. I have to keep her mind busy or we will all be driven nuts. She is in the second grade, but is above grade level in math and reading. We have started to have problems with her at school. Her teacher says she has gone from being a star pupil to being mediocre. She says she knows she is absolutely capable but really isn't trying.
    My daughter says she bored doing the "same easy stuff forever" in school. We had the "you have to do things that you may not want to do" talk, and she has greatly improved. But she is seriously bored. She goes to an overcrowded school who's test scores will make you shiver. It's not that she knows everything before it is taught, but she just gets it right away. And then they harp on it for two more weeks.
    I also have a 5 year old who is smart but hard to motivate. She gets embarrassed when she doesn't know things that her older sister does.
    I am hoping that this website will be a great tool for both of my daughters, in advancement for my older and confidence for my younger.
    Glad to be here!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to T4L!! You will be surprised how much your kiddo will soak in with T4L lesson plans!! I wish that I had done it earlier with my kiddos while they were in the system I do love homeschooling but think that this is a great program to help satisfy that hunger for knowledge!! Hope that you pop in regularly to say hi and let us know how you all are doing!
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure