Hello!

Thread: Hello!

Gilberta is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello!

Hello,
    My name is Gilberta and my son Matt has Down Syndrome, he is 22 and has been out of the public education system for a year now. He misses school and I don't want him to forget what he has learned, so here we are. I am hoping that he can advance at his own pace. We are starting on 1st grade level and today was his first day. We both enjoyed it a lot. I have a question on the suggested reading material. It says in the classroom that the titles suggested are available online, so how can we access them?
    Thanks,
    Gilberta

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello, Gliberta. Welcome to the T4L family. It is so nice to have you and your son join us. My daughter is in the upper level, so I am not quite sure about the suggested reading for first grade, but if it says they are available online, I am guessing you might be able to access them via Google Books. Lots of books are in the public domain. Do a regular Google search for the books and see what you find. The library is always a great choice as well.

Here are a few links to help you navigate your way around T4L:

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

You also might find this free e-book helpful. It was written by homeschooling families for new homeschooling families. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming.

Be sure to stop by the Texas state forum and say hello to everyone. It's a great way to find other folks in your area, share ideas, make new friends...

Best wishes!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie