Hello!

Thread: Hello!

ReesesMomMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Post Hello!

New to the program, have a to-be 6th grader who's incredibly intelligent but lacking direction. She's on medication during the school year and though it helps, she's still not academically where she should be. Add to it that she's going through puberty, so now that's one more situation that makes things a little tough on her. I'm excited about the opportunity to take her education into my own hands and wish I could have homeschooled her from 1st grade. I'm curious to know what state laws are in MS to homeschool? The information I viewed was conflicting and did not leave me with a secure feeling. Any guidance and direction would be greatly appreciated. Nice to meet you all, and good luck!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to T4L! Believe me I know what you are saying I so wish that I had done this sooner with my oldest! My youngest was homeschooled since 1st grade and he is doing so much better and has a real positive attitude towards learning. awe.... we all learn as we go! I would suggest you go to the MS state forum to ask any confusion you are having with figuring out the laws or even the T4L facebook page is helpful as well! I wish you much luck and hope to hear more from you on the forums
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

ReesesMomMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the advice! Today is her first day and despite her fidgety nature, she's really enjoying herself and giggling over her scores...90s and 100s! If we can maintain this positivity, I think that we are going to have a fantastic year. I will also hit those forums/sites you mentioned. Thank you again.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi ReesesMomMom. Come on over to the Mississippi Parent Forums. We'd love to have you pop in and introduce yourself. Homeschooling in MS is so easy. Just send in the Certificate of Homeschooling every year. That's all you have to do. Oh yeah, and have fun.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota