Hello

Thread: Hello

mamaof5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello

Hi I am a mom of 5 ages 2,3,6,9, and 12. I've been thinking about homeschooling for the last 2 yrs. I have no idea where to start. I am afraid of failing my kids if I do home school them, but hate the way public schools are anymore. Any info would help, and stories to help. My family thinks it would be a bad idea to homeschool. Thanks in advance

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! Failing our kids is something that SO many homeschooling parents worry about, but we find our groove and realize and appreciate that public school just isn't for everyone. You will too. It's ok to be nervous, but don't let yourself get so nervous that you don't enjoy the incredible journey that is homeschooling.

We have been homeschooling since 2005, and neither of my boys (they are now ages 8 and 13) can imagine being in a public school. That doesn't mean that every school day is a great day, lol, but even through our bad days, homeschool is the better option.

There is such a vast amount of information regarding homeschool out there, take a while to just read about as much as you can. It's going to seem overwhelming, but you'll be fine. Here is a great Welcome to Homeschooling guide that you can read through. It's got a ton of info for new homeschoolers, but it won't make you feel like you've been bombarded with stuff, lol. There is also a Hints and Help page where you can learn more about the Time4Learning site/program (T4L was my Godsend and helped to keep us homeschooling when we were ready to throw in the towel!).

Here are the Kentucky homeschool laws...just so you know what your state expects of you. Also, please join the Kentucky homeschool forum we have here. It can be a great place to try and meet others near you, as well as a good way to try and keep up with homeschooling happenings in KY.

Good luck! Always feel free to ask any questions that you may have! Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Last edited by bailbrae; 05-09-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!