Hello!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icesilvermist2

Thread: Hello!

icesilvermist2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Hello!

My son and I are using Time 4 Learning to catch him up on school work over the summer. I have been trying for years and years to get him to try on his schooling. He is a very smart child, but has ADHD. Hes at the high school level now, and his grades were horrible, I thought, there must be a better way to do this... So I looked into online schooling and came upon this gem of a site. My sons doing great, he gets up on the weekdays, does his chores, then does like 6 normal school days worth of work!! If he gets below an 80% he redoes it!! I'm super happy that he is trying for basically the first time ever!! Not only that, hes getting a great sense of self confidence that he can do this. I was not sure if we could really keep it going when I went to try it, I am so convinced after a month of this that I am taking 2 more of my children out of regular school this year. No more worrying is my child going to be bullied, or is some child with mixed emotions going to go to the school and try to hurt them today! Really appreciate all the work that has gone into this site, thank you!
    lovehmschlg likes this.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that T4L is working for your son and that he enjoys it and works hard at it! It is wonderful news that you are adding two other children to the Time4Learning family as well. You might consider checking out the Welcome to Homeschooling Guide. It was written by homeschooling parents to share tips and advice.

Make sure you check out the Colorado state forum when you get a chance for more specific information on homeschooling in Colorado.

Please keep us up to date on how your children do in Time4Learning, and don't hesitate to post on the forums any questions or comments you might have!

Welcome and best of luck!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Icesilvermist2.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota