Hello All

Thread: Hello All

Default Hello All

I am a Dad, ""Have not seen to many Dad's on this forum"", homeschooling 4 special needs children.
    I have a 8 year old boy who is Autistic, high functioning, but still very much Autistic.
    I have a 7 year old boy who has a genetic disorder and cleft palate, developmentally delayed,
    I have a 5 year old girl who is just a bit behind, but with some delays, but moving forward nicely,
    I have a 4 year old boy who also has genetic disorder, FAS, and is delayed as well.

These wonderful kids were adopted into our Family, Jonah at Birth, and Adrian-Anna-Jordan (Siblings) paperwork finalized in April this year after one year of Foster Care.

I have three older biological children as well, 24,23,and 20. Married, Married (with my first grand daughter), and in one in College.

We decided to homeschool due to lack of services at our local school, but they offer a homeschool program through them. I also can you use any curriculum that will work with these kids. All have IEP's and 2 are regional center clients.

I hope a computer based curriculum will work for them better than paper, we have tried ABC mouse and that was pretty easy for them and they buzzed right thru it. I am struggling alot with the schools curriculum, hence I am going to give this my best effort try.

I was ( still am I guess) a computer geek / Project manger for 16 years until this May when I was given the boot at work. So now my wife of 25 years is going back to work as a nurse and I am going to stay home for a awhile.

Wish me luck.

Richard

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Richard, and welcome! So glad you found us. Sounds like you have a wonderful family! There are many families who have kiddos with special learning abilities that use Time4Learning successfully. Make sure you poke around all the forums, as there are always people to meet and conversations to jump into! We do have a special needs specific forum, if you'd like to see how T4L might work with your children.

I would also like to recommend our Hints and Help page (lots of great tips about using our site!), and I would like to invite you to join your state homeschooling group, which can be a great way to meet other homeschooling families that might be local to you.

Always feel free to ask any questions you may have. Good luck, and keep us posted as to how things are going for you guys!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Does this software work for anybody on this forum? If so can you please let me know how you got it to work since Tech Support has no answers or now is not even responding to my questions!!!!

I am getting only Odyssey Login pages now and constantly getting Session Timeouts!!!

I am unable to login and do any work with this software. I am willing to do what it takes to get it working, I just do not know what else I can do. All they (support) say is it is a internet glitch, and to add domains to the trusted sites.

I did. I downloaded firefox and tried it that way. Nothing is working.

So if someone here has a way to make this work, I would be very grateful.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I have been using Time4Learning for over five years now. There have been some problems recently due to a problem with Compass Learning. For me it works best on Firefox. But it does work well on Google Chrome most of the time as well. Some people say that it helps to clear your cache on your computer. I have found that the time of day seems to help as well. I get a lot fewer errors in the later afternoon or early morning than I do during midday when it seems everyone is using it. We are hopefully that Compass Learning will resolve their problem soon and everything should be working well again. [email protected] should be able to help you with some of these issues.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota