Hello all! New to Homeschooling here!
    Carin Goode is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello all! New to Homeschooling here!

Hi All,

I am Carin and I am homeschooling my 5 year old son who has ASD. He had a very traumatizing time in Kindergarten due to his special needs, so I decided to pull him out and homeschool him. He is registered as a first grader but has levels from Kindergarten math to beginning third grade social studies. Through previewing T4L, he loved it. We have been here since November but since I am a full time college student, I haven't had much time to post. I also am homeschooling my daughter who turned 3 in November. She is working on the pre-K program but is notorious for watching brother do his work and picking up on what he is doing, especially in math. She also has special needs but no formal diagnosis. I am looking forward to meeting people who can help support our family while homeschooling. Happy Learning

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Carin. I'm so sorry to hear your son had a traumatic year in school. I pulled my daughter out in Kindergarten, also. I was already homeschooling her older sister and her twin brother. I just wasn't sure I could homeschool her with her special needs (Down syndrome), so I had put her in school. But she was so miserable in school, I pulled her out. Homeschooling each of my children has been the best choice we've made, especially my daughter with special needs!

I applaud you for bringing your son home to educate him, AND while you're going to college full time. Good for you! Don't you love Time4Learning? It makes homeschooling so much easier. I love that the freedom T4L affords us. Not only to work at her own pace, but the time I'm saving from having to prepare lessons, I can spend with her on other fun learning activities, like field trips. Best of all, she enjoys time4learning.

Since you're fairly new to Time4Learning, you may find this link on helps and hints in navigating the site helpful.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass