Hello from Centennial CO
    hawaii888 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello from Centennial CO

Hi! My name is Julie. I have 2 boys - Matthew (almost 11) and Nicky (almost 7). I pulled them both from PS in November. I have known for about a year that I wanted to hs them. Thankfully my husband is very supportive of this. I started with My Father's World curricula but didnt feel like the kids really got much from it so I have been doing Time4Learning and worksheets and reading. Any suggestions you more seasoned parents have would be great.

Thanks!
    Juli

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Juli. We've been using T4L for a little over 4 years now. At times I've used it as our only curriculum for our daughter. This year we are supplementing...only because my high school son is in this program where we go once a week for classes. So I included her in it for the elementary program. But I don't want to stop the T4L...and neither does she. That's one of the reasons I love T4L. Because I never have to fuss with her to do it. She asks me to turn on the laptop so she can do her T4L!! So all that to say that you can still use some of your MFW books that you already purchased, if you choose to. They do have some good readers.

As a new user to T4L, you may find this link of Hints & Help useful. If you look along the left-side column, there are some additional links that are very informative.
    Also, if you look over to the right side on this very page, you can find T4L free Homeschool Guide for new homeschoolers.

So welcome, Juli, to T4L and to homeschooling! Enjoy your hs'ing journey!! It's the best choice we've made for our family!!!

Janet
    Enjoying homeschooling and learning with our 3 kids, using T4L & T4W