Hello from Escondido, California
    kmatthiensen is offline Junior Member Newbie

Talking Hello from Escondido, California

Hello Everyone!

Kim (Mom), Brooklyn (4th grade daughter) & Christian (1st grade son) here!

We are new to time4learning and are extremely excited to get started. This has been our first year homeschooling. We were using another curriculum this year and just found that it was not what we were looking for so we are trying to bridge the gap to next year. Both my kids are repeating their current grades from the previous year because the years in the public school system...ummm, well for lack of a better explanation, failed them. The teachers were wonderful but the system wasnt. I'll leave it at that.

In any case, we are eager and excited to get started!

Blessings!
    The Matthiensen Family

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Kim, and welcome to you and your family! We have been using Time4Learning for a little more than five years now, and we really enjoy it. I hope that it works as well for your family's needs!

There are a couple of links I would recommend...just to help you out a little. There's a good Welcome to Homeschooling guide (even if you aren't brand new to homeschooling, there's still a lot of good info in there) and there is a Getting Started with T4L guide that can help you learn more about the program and help with navigating the site.

One last thing; I would like to invite you to join the California homeschool forum we have here. It can be a good resource for keeping up with activities and happenings in CA, but it can also be a good place to try and meet other homeschoolers near you.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!