Hello Everyone

Thread: Hello Everyone

Virginia Forrest is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello Everyone

I am Virginia and my son is Matthew. He has a mild form of ASD and I just withdrew him from school today and am slowly starting us on T4L today. I have got his worksheets for next week printed and our folder set up. He has did some easy stuff on the site and played in the playground. He is in 2nd grade and has a IEP. I wouldn't say school was failing but that it just didn't seem to fit him here in FL.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Virginia, it's nice to have you here. Starting slowly is the best way to go. Your son needs some time to deschool.

Keep in mind your son will have access to grades 1, 2, and 3 within every subject. That is great when they are ahead in one subject and maybe a little behind in another.

Here are some tips to help you get started. Here is an e-book written by homeschooling families just for new homeschoolers. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming.

I also suggest you visit the FL state forum and introduce yourself there.

Best wishes!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Virginia. I live in Florida, too, and we homeschool our daughter with Down syndrome. She's been using Time4Learning for 5 years now. I really like that she can do math at one level, and yet can do her Language Arts at a different grade level.
    Have you visited the Florida forum yet? You can meet other families and learn of events that are happening in our state. Have you gotten connected with any support groups in your area? You can link on to our Florida Home Educators site for information on support groups and so much more.
    Feel free to ask questions any time. We're here to help each other through our homeschooling journey. You are not alone.