Hello Everyone

Thread: Hello Everyone

MegaMegaMamma is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,
    I am a home school mom from Texas. I have 4 kiddos, a six year old boy, 3 1/2 year old boy, almost 2 year old girl and a 2 month old boy. We signed up for Time4Learning to see if it would work better for our 6 year old. I have been having a bit of trouble getting all of his schooling in along with all of my other responsibilities. I hope this helps.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to time4learning. It's so nice to meet you. With all those little ones you do have your hands full. The most important thing to remember is to relax. I think we often get in to trouble because we try to do too much. A six year old doesn't need to sit at a desk for several hours a day to learn. He can learn just as much by helping you take care of the younger ones. Make a story time so that all the children can enjoy the time together. Maybe you can do time4learning while your little ones are napping. It will all work out.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, MegaMamma. Bless your heart! Oh the joy of little ones in a home. I know it's a lot of work and sometimes we can worry that we are not doing enough. The best thing you can do is read with your children. Foster a love for books, for reading. I also get books with CDs from the library. My kids love them. Entertains them while I do chores, or while we're in the car.

I'm sure that Time4Learning will work great for you. My daughter enjoys it....she's learning while having fun!
    You can find some Hints on Getting Started here that may help you.

Enjoy your homeschool journey. And like Kathi said, you don't have to do a whole lot with a 6-yo. Our little ones learn more than we realize every day. They're like little sponges.

Janet
    Mom of 5, homeschooling 3 and loving life with my family