Hello everyone. First time homeschooling.
    Mattspaparazzi is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello everyone. First time homeschooling.

Hi. My name is Stephanie. My son is 7 years old and was born with spina bifida. He has been in public school since he was 3 years old. He is in the first grade and he has been crying every morning begging me not to take him. He has a learning disability and can't keep up with his work. His teachers think that he is just not trying and are constantly letting me know this. He is getting further behind. He has so much anxiety at school he can't concentrate and doesn't want to learn. I took him out today, went to the school board and got the paper work started. We will be starting time4learning in the morning. I really hope this works for him. I love there is a forum! Looking forward to talking to all of you!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Stephanie, and welcome! I am so sorry that the school doesn't want to work with you and your son. On the other hand, I'm glad to see that you're giving homeschooling a try.

We have been using T4L for almost 6 years now, and still love it. Here is a great Hints and Help page that can assist you in getting started with T4L (learning more about it, navigating the site, using the lesson plans, etc). There's also a Welcome to Homeschooling guide that you might find useful, especially since you're just starting out.

I would like to invite you to join the Louisiana homeschool forum we have here. It can be a great way to keep up with homeschool happenings around the state, and you may even be able to find other members here who are local to you!

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how things are going for you guys!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Mattspaparazzi is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! Thank you for welcoming us bailbrae! Just wanted to give an update. Today was the second day we have used t4l. My son woke up this morning and asked if he could do his work. I was so happy that he liked it so much. He did his assignments and wanted to do more!!!! This is amazing and I love this program. It's like night and day. His mood has been calmer since he knows he doesn't have to go back to public school. He doesn't have all the anxiety he was having about learning. Will give another update soon.