Hello, greetings
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danka

Thread: Hello, greetings

Danka is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello, greetings

Hi, my name is Danka and I'm new to homeschooling and this site. My daughter is way ahead of the curriculum for her grade hence I decided to take the matters in my own hands. I think we will be better off by skipping formal 7th and 8th grades. I'm looking forward to meeting people who either home school or supplement formal schooling. I'm a former teacher myself, I used to teach ESL in high school.

I'm having some issues with the site, I hope someone can help me. I created 3 activity schedules. And just went in and found Manage button. Made one of them default, and then deleted the other two that were messed up.
    When my daughter logs in, she sees the wrong schedule number on top of the pop up. It's one of those that I deleted. I even asked her to log in from another device but it's the same issue

Second question: aside creating activity schedule, is there anything else I need to do? How do i schedule activities? Why there isn't any listed even under the old deleted schedule? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome to the forums! First, let me recommend this How to Homeschool guide. It's a wonderful resource for new homeschoolers.

Second, and I have to be honest...we don't use the activity scheduler here. My boys start each grade at the beginning and they progress as the program tells them to. If they are repeating concepts that they have mastered, I sometimes let them skip lessons and go right to the quiz/test. You don't have to use the scheduler, it's optional. I'm not sure if you've seen this Hints and Help page, but you can click through there and watch some short videos to help you figure things out.

If you're doing what the videos say, and you're still seeing deleted schedules, you may want to email the support team at [email protected].

Sorry I wasn't much help, but I hope I have directed you to some things that can help. Good luck, and please feel free to continue to ask questions if you have them!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi Danka,

Give support a call. They will need to look at your account specifically to see what might be happening. The representatives are available Mon-Thurs 8:30am - 7:00pm, Fridays until 6:00 EDT. 888-771-0914.

Suzanne

Danka is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you both! I finally got my kiddo to see her activities and she is nicely on her way
    The deleted schedules cleared up eventually, must have been some odd delay glitch. All is fine! I am excited for the journey
    bailbrae likes this.