Hello from Malaysia, schooling here my dyslexic grandson
    audom is offline Junior Member

Default Hello from Malaysia, schooling here my dyslexic grandson

Hello dear parents, I am new to homeschooling. I am taking care of my 8-year old grandson in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. We are from Canada and since we were unable to find a suitable school for him here, we decided on homeschooling. Just before we left Canada about a year ago, we found out that our boy is dyslexic. This makes teaching him so much more difficult cause you need patience...patience....patience. I would therefore like to get in touch with any parent out there who is schooling a dyslexic child. Hopefully we can help each other. Like how did you manage to make a dyslexic child remember multiplication tables ??????Thanks all for reading. Gisela

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the forums. Have you checked out the Special Needs Forum? I know there is a thread on dyslexia on there. That might help you connect with other parents of dyslexic children.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

audom is offline Junior Member

Thanks Kathy for your reply. I will try to post there now.

carolineongxh is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by audom View Post
    Hello dear parents, I am new to homeschooling. I am taking care of my 8-year old grandson in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. We are from Canada and since we were unable to find a suitable school for him here, we decided on homeschooling. Just before we left Canada about a year ago, we found out that our boy is dyslexic. This makes teaching him so much more difficult cause you need patience...patience....patience. I would therefore like to get in touch with any parent out there who is schooling a dyslexic child. Hopefully we can help each other. Like how did you manage to make a dyslexic child remember multiplication tables ??????Thanks all for reading. Gisela
    Hi Gisela,

Have you checked out myBrainLab, a new personal brain training center in Publika, Mont Kiara? The center is dedicated towards improving visual and auditory processing skills, attention, memory and other key cognitive skills that help improve reading and writing.

The center offers free weekly talks on Saturday and Sunday to spread awareness regarding brain health and personal brain training to the public. I'd suggest checking out the website and calling up to reserve your seats.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Address: A1-G2-01 Solaris Dutamas, 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Phone: 1700 816 577