Hello. New military family of 6 from Caroline County, VA
    Manny & Michelle is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool Hello. New military family of 6 from Caroline County, VA

Hello my name is Manny. My wife Michelle and I decided to begin homeschooling our kids because the standards in every school we enroll them in as we move with the Navy. We also have had trouble with our kids getting pushed through a grade level when they hadn't learned. There are probably a lot of reasons that played a part, but the bottom line is that they were all behind! We decided that those first years of their education are too important to just "see what happens". We've been going a few months. It's an adventure, and I think we're making progress. We look forward to growing with all of you Home Schoolers!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Welcome to T4L and to our homeschool community at T4L, Manny and Michelle. I have homeschool friends who are in the military and appreciate not having to be concerned with changes of schools, teachers, curriculum, etc. There are enough changes to be concerned with already, they tell me.
    We have been using Time4Learning for 5 years now, and we love it. I like how our daughter can work at one grade level in math, and yet another in Language Arts, which is her best subject.
    If you need any tips about homeschooling, you can check out this Welcome to Homeschoolingguide.
    Also, TheHints and Help page can help you learn more about Time4Learning and navigating the site.
    Lastly, you may want to visit the state forum to
    for your state to get to know others in your area or learn about events in your state. If you go to the top of this page you will see a drop down menu that says State Forums. Click on that and then click on your state.
    Feel free to ask any questions any time!