Hello from Northern Nevada!
    Grandma_Lisa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Hello from Northern Nevada!

Hello everyone! We are "accidental homeschoolers." My grandson has special needs and the school did not have the resources for a full-day special education program. He kept falling further and further behind. Then the bullying started. Kids called him "stupid," told him he couldn't learn anything, and made fun of him a lot. His self-esteem plummeted. He would shut down when asked questions by the teacher and then began fighting back against the bullies on the playground, which only got him into trouble at school. I sat down with his parents and offered to home school him. I figure I can't do any worse of a job than the school was doing. lol

That said, Time4Learning has been a huge blessing! He is actually enjoying the lessons, and even though we're only a week into your program, he has already started reading! He knew the basic alphabet sounds from his previous school but was so afraid to try to learn in class because he would be ridiculed. When he and I do the lessons, I spend a lot of time encouraging him and being positive. Now he's asking when we can do schoolwork, and he is really liking it. He constantly asks how words are spelled when we are out and about too! He is finally enjoying the learning process! Thank you so much for this program!

Since I'm new to homeschooling, I would love any advice or helpful hints that the experienced homeschoolers have learned. Thank you!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello from Northern Nevada!

Hi, Lisa! Welcome to the TIme4Learning parent forum. It sounds like you're off to a great start! We hope you'll stick around and post updates in the other forum sections. Kudos to you for recognizing your grandson needed something different.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!