Hello from the PNW!
    Peanutlayne is offline Junior Member

Default Hello from the PNW!

Hi everyone! My name is Kristen I'm a mid 30's something, SAHM/WAHM to 5 kids ages 15, 13, 8, 5 and 3. My older 3 kids are still attending public school. My husband and I haven't decided what we're going to do about next year yet. We always knew that the two youngest boys would be home schooled. They have some special needs and our school district just isn't the right place for them. I've always wanted to home school so i'm super excited about it!

I signed my 5 y/o son up for T4L recently. He seems to be really enjoying it. The first day he spent about 5-6 hours on T4L, lol! I couldn't keep him off of it. Now, he prefers to do just a couple of lessons a day, which is fine because he's young enough that I want him getting lots of outside play time, coloring, building things with blocks, etc.

I'm mostly a SAHM, but I also work a little from home on a blog so it's nice to be able to set my own schedule. I'm finding that I need to be more organized and scheduled since we are currently sharing a computer, lol! My hubby is setting up a second computer very soon. I just wanted to introduce myself. I feel so lucky to be able to home school my boys. It's always been a dream of mine

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi PeanitLayne, I'm so happy that time4learning is working out for you and your child. We have used it for over five years now. It's a great fit for my family. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Kristen. Welcome to homeschooling and to Time4Learning. Our daughter loves T4L, too, and I have to monitor her to make sure she doesn't do too many lessons and stays in front of the computer screen too long. lol. I talking to my homeschool friends and reading blogs, I so often hear how kids sometimes don't want to do their school work. So we're so happy with T4L!!! You sound like you are easing right into homeschooling, doing all the right things....making sure your son gets a lot of playtime. It's funny how much our kids can learn while playing. Learning should be fun...especially when they're young. We want to foster a love for learning....and reading.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Janet
    Homeschooling 3 (2 high school & 1 elementary....using T4L and T4W)