Helloooooo fellow home schoolers!!!!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Home School Power
  • 2 Post By Strouse House
  • 1 Post By MamaToHerRoo

Thread: Helloooooo fellow home schoolers!!!!

Home School Power is offline Junior Member Newbie

Wink Helloooooo fellow home schoolers!!!!

If you only knew how much i struggled trying to do this post, ugh! but finally i'm here! I've been homeschooling my son for 2 years now, what a wonderful privilege, i have ideas, let's share!! I don't have a lot of experience with forums so please my friends talk me through it
    What is Trackback?
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Glad you where able to figure out how to post. I am not sure what a trackback is either. .

I am glad you stuck it out to get your message through. How old is your son? A great forum to share ideas in is on the Stages forums. If you have ideas for Preschool there is a forum for parents looking for preschool ideas, if you have a fourth grader there is a forum for that age group as well. Check them out. I bet you have lots to share and there are lots of people who are looking for new fresh ideas to help improve their homeschooling.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

Home School Power is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son is 13 and we love Time4learning!!!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I have a 13 year old daughter, soon to be 14. She is completing her 8th grade work and starting on some of the high school work. We even started the High School Paragraphs course over at Time4Writing. So far, so good! I'm the moderator over at the 4th -8th grade stages forum and would love to have you visit there. If your son is doing high school already, there is also a forum for that.

We love homeschooling with T4L too! Keep us updated!
    Home School Power likes this.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterwilliam View Post
    Hi All

Me too new here and just started using forum
    Hi there and welcome to you, too! Are you new to homeschooling, or new to Time4Learning...or both?

Please poke around in all of the different boards on the forums here, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

My son is 12.5 and I just signed up for TFL today. He's still in school for the rest of 6th grade (another month or so) and then I'll be teaching him at home next year. He's tried out one sample activity/lesson (the solar system.) He didn't think it was as much fun as playing video games, but better than a lesson in school. He's willing to put up with these lessons if it means he can avoid school next year, but it didn't engage him as much as I'd hoped it would.

I was relieved to see that the math is on pages to print out; I much prefer teaching math myself to sitting through a video that may not explain things in a way he'll understand. I'll have to really check out the other subjects over the next couple of weeks to see if my "search for an online curriculum" is truly complete or if I have to do some more research over the summer.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Ruth! Thanks for introducing yourself! Have you checked out this Hints and Help page? It can help you get more familiar with the site and how everything works. From there, you can also see the lesson plans for whatever grade he is in/will be in. I like being able to see what my kids are going to be taught at what point in the year.

Since you're new to homeschooling, or will be new to it, please download the free Welcome to Homeschooling ebook that T4L offers. It's a wonderful resource for newbies.

Make sure you poke around all the boards here, and always feel free to ask any questions you may have! Looking forward to seeing you around...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!