Help...we're so new!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Jill King is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Help...we're so new!

    We had to pull our son out of public school very quickly and got going on Time 4 Learning before we knew very much about it. Long story short, we got his planner going and I completely forgot to go back and schedule his Thanksgiving break. Is there a way to go back an add a past break? It looks like he's a week behind now and I'm not exactly sure how to go about fixing that.

  2. #2
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    6,908
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Help...we're so new!

    Welcome to the forum!

    There is a way to schedule breaks, and I will type the instructions at the end of this message. Do remember that the planner is a tool for the parent to use. No one will know that he "looks behind" except you. You don't even have to use the planner. It works best for families whose schedules are fairly consistent.

    To add a break week, log in to your parent dashboard and click on Lesson Planning and Reports. Select My Saved Plans. Navigate to the correct plan and you will see several options across the top, including Add Weekly Break. You can add as many breaks as you wish. Be sure to click the yellow button at the bottom of the page when you have finished, so your work is saved.

    We're happy you stopped in! Let us know if there's anything else you'd like to chat about.

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

  3. #3
    Garret is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Help...we're so new!

    Hi! I'm from Florida. Frankly I thought that here newcomers are presented but not ask questions.

  4. #4
    HannahBagrich is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Help...we're so new!

    Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    There is a way to schedule breaks, and I will type the instructions at the end of this message. Do remember that the planner is a tool for the parent to use. No one will know that he "looks behind" except you. You don't even have to use the planner. It works best for families whose schedules are fairly consistent.

    To add a break week, log in to your parent dashboard and click on Lesson Planning and Reports. Select My Saved Plans. Navigate to the correct plan and you will see several options across the top, including Add Weekly Break. You can add as many breaks as you wish. Be sure to click the yellow button at the bottom of the page when you have finished, so your work is saved.

    We're happy you stopped in! Let us know if there's anything else you'd like to chat about.
    Thank you for such a detailed guideline! I think I may need it too.

  5. #5
    elaina is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Help...we're so new!

    Happy to see you here

  6. #6
    whitewisdom is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Help...we're so new!

    Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    There is a way to schedule breaks, and I will type the instructions at the end of this message. Do remember that the planner is a tool for the parent to use. No one will know that he "looks behind" except you. You don't even have to use the planner. It works best for families whose schedules are fairly consistent.

    To add a break week, log in to your parent dashboard and click on Lesson Planning and Reports. Select My Saved Plans. Navigate to the correct plan and you will see several options across the top, including Add Weekly Break. You can add as many breaks as you wish. Be sure to click the yellow button at the bottom of the page when you have finished, so your work is saved.

    We're happy you stopped in! Let us know if there's anything else you'd like to chat about.

    This is great, and had helped me alot manage my kid who happened to have the same issue.

  7. #7
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    6,908
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Help...we're so new!

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Hi! I'm from Florida. Frankly I thought that here newcomers are presented but not ask questions.
    It's common for newcomers to have questions, and we're happy to help with those. We do hope they will stick around and post in other sections of the forum, too. Thanks for visiting!

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

  8. #8
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    6,908
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Help...we're so new!

    Quote Originally Posted by whitewisdom View Post
    This is great, and had helped me alot manage my kid who happened to have the same issue.
    Glad we could help!

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •