Here we are....from E.Texas
    DuckieMom2five is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Here we are....from E.Texas

Here we are...1 energetic Momma and 3 (out of 5) kids at home waiting for school to begin. We are in our 22nd week of our first year home schooling. It has already been a blessing to me and I cannot imagine putting my children back into public school again. I have an 8th grader, 5th grader, and 2nd grader. Although I really had some stress over losing "MY" schedule and my quite/alone times in the beginning, I am now learning to work those things back in. Grace has entered the school room and my life, and oh, what a difference it makes to relax a little. I realize the world doesn't cave in when we dont get everything checked off our school list. Thank the Lord for Grace!
    I hope time4learing can bring even more enjoyment and flexibility to our curriculum. This week I was sick and have really been down about school because I didn't have it in me to do everything that needs to be done. We only got the bare necessities done each day, and I want something fun for the children to learn the other things when I am unable to attend to them. I also want to carry our learing through summer in a relaxed and fun way since we have been strictly text book and writing for all our curriculum so far.
    Looking forward to some learing without stress and less mess (kitchen table and book shelves right now).

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Duckie Mom, so glad to hear things are going good for you. I am thankful for grace, too!!

Here are a few links to help you navigate T4L a little easier.

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

Homeschooling for Newcomers

Be sure to stop by the Texas state forum too. It's a great way to make new friends, find others in your area, share ideas....
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Duckie Mom,
    You might also consider, for fun and education, Vocabulary, and Learning Games for Kids. These sites are free, and my daughter enjoys them a lot (6th grade) in terms of playing and reinforcing what she learns in Time4Learning.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

sugarfoot41 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Duckie, What part of E. Texas are you from? We just joined today and are in Tyler! I have a 5th grade boy and we were using K-12 but so glad to be out of the pressure they put on you!! I'm hoping to find something without the stress too