Hey From Texas!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By katshu2
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg
  • 2 Post By jpenn

Thread: Hey From Texas!

Red face Hey From Texas!

I found this site and have been coming back to it after researching the different types of homeschooling online options. The price is awesome! The curriculum looks very detailed, yet (I hope) will not repel my son from the love of learning. I will know that he is learning everything he needs to at his own pace and that makes this momma VERY HAPPY.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! Loved reading this!! I think you nailed one of my favorite aspects of T4L...my boys can work at their own pace. This takes away so much pressure. The fact that they love the lessons (at least most of the time, lol) is just a bonus.

Please be sure to poke around the other boards here; see who you can meet and what conversations you can jump into. We do have a Texas homeschool forum where members can try to connect with and support each other.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I look forward to seeing you around!
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, kparmans.
    You don't say how old your son is. Our daughter has been using Time4Learning for a little over 5 years now. She loves the animated and interactive lessons. I never want learning to be a chore or something she just goes through to get it done. Time4Learning has allowed her to work at her own pace and also learn to work independently when I need her to. Although I'm always close by for questions.
    I thought you might like this link on Helps and Hints for new users to Time4Learning. There are some videos that guide you on how to change the grade levels, worksheets and teaching guides, and the activity scheduler, among other neat things.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. You'll find everyone here to be very friendly and helpful. If you're on Facebook, look for the Time4Learning page. There's also a Facebook Time4Learning Families page.
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome, kparmans! My daughter has used T4L for over 4 years. She is now using their high school classes.

One thing we did when my daughter was younger, was if the lesson was about something she felt confident about, she would take the test first. If she scored well, she moved on. If she didn't she would go back and complete all of the lesson. This kept her interested.
    MamaToHerRoo and lovehmschlg like this.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie