Hi
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kathyt
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Hi

Kathyt is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi

Hi All,
    Im new here, in fact Im new to home schooling. I have two older sons both in college, one is working on his masters. Both went through public schools. Both did fine in school. My youngest is 8 and a rising third grader. He actually is doing fine in school, even excelling, but I feel like they are holding his potential down. He's very curious and intelligent. It just seems like public schools waste so much time and don't really dive into subjects very deeply. My thoughts are if we do this from home he can learn all he is currently learning and we will have more time to focus on his interests. Im a bit nervous, but Im pretty sure most people are when they finally decide to make the switch. Im looking forward to talking with you all. Wish me luck, this is probably the most scary thing Ive ever done. Yikes!!
    Kathy
    bailbrae likes this.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Kathy. Welcome to the forums. You will find that it's not so scarey once you get into it. Make sure you have a good understanding of your state laws and you will be fine. You might want to check out the Getting Started guide.
    bailbrae likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota