Hi

Thread: Hi

mindy.brgg is offline Junior Member

Default Hi

Hi, I have a 9th grader that I want to start homeschooling. I live in central IL. I am curious if anyone started T4L after the school year started. I am unsure if I should start asap or want till the start of the next semeter. Also, he is diagnosied with high functioning autism. Any help with either one of these topics is greatly appreciated.

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Hi

Hi and welcome to Time4Learning! Since T4L is a homeschooling curriculum, it's up to you when you want to start. Some families will start right away while others will "deschool" a little before starting. You can even start slow doing just a lesson or two per day!

I started my son during the year...he is also in 9th grade. We started off the 1st couple of weeks with reviewing some of the stuff he had been working on in his old school so I could see here he was at. I quickly realized I needed to move him to some tougher work as he was just blowing through the first few this I had him do. I like this program but, I do supplement with other stuff. I make him read daily and have him doing papers on some of the subjects he woks on to make sure he does understand the material.

He has not been diagnosed with any forms of autism however, he has had 2 concussions so, it has limited his social skills which is why I pulled him out of is brick and mortar school. I hope this works for you!

MJ510 is offline Member

Getting started outside of the 'norm' can feel overwhelming!

Try these tips:

4 Ways to Manage a Midyear Homeschool Transition