Hi

Thread: Hi

abegail925 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi

I started homeschooling my daughter, who is 13, a couple of days ago. The reason I got started was because of the harassment and bulling that my daughter was receiving. I have tried to work with the school system to solve this problem but they were not interested in helping. I have an idea of where to start if my child was younger and it was not in the middle of the school year, but I am at a loss. HELP! Do I just start her over since she really wasn't able to learn from the abuse at school so she can have a better understanding of what was covered or do I start with where she left off? I don't know.... Oh well, it is nice to meet all of you and hopefully this site will help simplify lesson planning and her education.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello abegail,

Sorry to hear about the abuse your daughter experienced. I think you will both love T4L. Here are some links to help you understand and navigate the site a little better.

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

Also, check out this free e=book about homeschooling. It might help you out.

Try placing your daughter at her expected grade level. She will have access to that grade level and the grade level above and below. This works great for those who might be a little ahead in one subject area and behind in another.

EXAMPLE: Placed at grade 5, so you will have access to grades 4, 5, and 6 within each subject.

If she is having trouble, drop down to a lower level, and if she is finding the work too easy, go up a level.

Mostly, just relax and let your daughter have some time to deschool.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie