Hi from Alabama
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Hi from Alabama

Default Hi from Alabama

Hi, I am new to homeschooling. I am very nervous about this adventure but very excited as well. I am hoping this will help my student succeeed. We have been struggling through high school for the past two and a half years. He has always asked to homeschool and now I have made that committment. If anyone has any ideas about support groups, please let me know. I am just north of Birmingham in the Trussville area. I hope to link him with other teens that are homeschooling.

Pam

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Pam. You might want to check out the forum for your state. Another good forum for you would be the High School Forum. Pour yourself a nice cup of tea and spend some time reading through the older posts. Then ask any questions you might have. My best piece of advise is to find a good local support group. Support for you as well as for your son. Best wishes.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Pam, we couldn't function without a support group! I know that there are a couple in Birmingham, and one in the Anniston/Oxford area (probably about an hour from you) that is very active. That is the one we are in (we live on the Ga side of Anniston/Oxford.) You might also check with your cover school (church/umbrella school?) to see if they have a support group or know of one near you.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!