Hi from Cape Town South Africa
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By katshu2
  • 1 Post By Heath Academy
  • 1 Post By Heath Academy

Thread: Hi from Cape Town South Africa

Heath Academy is offline Junior Member

Default Hi from Cape Town South Africa

Hi! My name is Loretta, I have just registered my 9 year old daughter Piper for Home School.

Anyone else from South Africa?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! You say you just registered your daughter for homeschool...are you brand new to homeschooling? If so, here is a wonderful resource for newbies: Welcome to Homeschooling Guide by Time4Learning

If you're not new to homeschooling, but new to Time4Learning, here is a Hints and Help page that can help you figure out the site a little better (navigating, using activity schedulers, etc.).

I think it's so cool to hear you are from South Africa! If you have time, would you stop by the Homeschool Families forum and tell us all a little about the homeschooling laws where you are? I think it would be really neat to hear about homeschooling in another country.

Good luck with everything, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!
    Heath Academy likes this.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Thanks bailbrae, heading over to families forum now.
    bailbrae likes this.

I've just registered my eldest daughter, Macetta, in Grade 10 with T4L also!
    bailbrae likes this.

Loretta
    Heath Academy
    South Africa

Mom of
    Macetta grade 10
    Piper grade3

TanyaStewart is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Hi from Cape Town South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Academy View Post

Hi

My daughter is doing Grade 8 in T4L and we are looking for a fellow T4L'er she can join in the day for a little group (any number) study session, any age (boy or girl). We are situated in the Southern Suburbs, Cape Town. Do you know of anyone who might want to do something like this?

TIA
    Tanya

TanyaStewart is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Academy View Post

Hi

My daughter is in Grade 8 and started T4L this year. I am looking for a small group, one extra child besides her or more, where she can join and do her schoolwork. I have had to get back to work and she is quite independent and disciplined. I just thought it would be nice for her to school with other kids who are in the same scenario. We are in the Southern Suburbs. Do you know of anyone who might be keen to try this out? Or of an existing homeschool group that meets already.

Thank you in advance.

Tanya

Saraquinn is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Loretta, good to hear that you can you the curriculum overseas. Are you planing to come back to the United States?
    My Children are currently attending the school system in the States but I am planning to move out of the country for what I will be needing this program to keep them on track.
    How is your experience so far? If you live or plan to come back to the states could you share how the process of homeschooling is?

thanks!

sara
    my email is : [email protected]