Hi everyone!!

Thread: Hi everyone!!

DaltonsMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi everyone!!

My name is Deva, pronounced Day-va, but everyone always calls me Diva, which never fails to make me laugh. I'm new here. I began homeschooling my youngest son in February of last year after some major bullying issues at his school. We have been successful using FLVS, but he really is missing the interaction with other students. He recently turned 14. He plays baseball, and we are getting ready to begin Spring Ball, so he will be a happy boy again. I'm open to any tips anyone wants to throw my way, about anything really, I'm pretty open minded. My son is very smart, artistic, and athletic, and I am always looking for something fun to do with him, that we can incorporate with
    his school work. Looking forward to making new friends and learning a great deal!!!

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

Sounds like you are on the right path for your child. I am in Florida, also. Are you using time4learning at all? Not that you need to to be on this board. There is plenty of well rounded help for daily life with our kids on these boards. Have you checked out the Florida forum. That is a forum that will give you an idea of what is going on in your state and around you.

Welcome again.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

thegaddy5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That sounds great Deva... and don't feel bad - I have a niece and her name really is Diva.
    You sound like you are doing a great job with homeschooling your kiddo. My son is 12 almost 13 and he plays ball as well. It gives him the social outlet that he needs - yet, in a controlled atmosphere. We love it! Although I am enjoying this calm time before Spring season starts again...
    Jamie
    Mother of six- homeschooling healthy with MOMSCHOOL
    Online Education for Kids and Homeschool Online